Menu
2015 Flora's Legacy Cabernet Sauvignon

2015 Flora's Legacy Cabernet Sauvignon

$175.00

Sold Out


The idea for Flora’s Legacy wines – a tribute to Flora Komes, the woman who inspired Flora Springs - came from third generation family member, Nat Komes, Flora’s beloved grandson. With its etching of a crown, the bottle itself is a nod to this amazing woman, who was born in Hawaii and often told stories about being descended from Hawaiian royalty. We involve the whole family in the creation of this wine, selecting the finest barrels of Cabernet Sauvignon in the cellar and gradually narrowing it down to a blend of the few barrels we like best. In 2015, the wine came from St. Helena and Oakville: 75% from our Komes Ranch and the other 25% from the Crossroads Ranch. This is a ripe, rich red with a concentrated core of plum, dark cherry, blackberry and kirsch along with appealing details of dark espresso, cacao, allspice and black licorice. The wine beautifully integrates new and seasoned French oak barrels, enriching the palate and lengthening the finish with notes of toasted brown spice and vanilla. With smooth, refined tannins and exquisite balance, this is a Napa Valley Cabernet that can be enjoyed in the near term or cellared for later enjoyment.

All the Facts

Appellation:Napa Valley
Varietal:100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Cases Produced:202
Aging:18 months; 100% French oak (50% new)
Price:$175
Enjoyability:Drink now through 2035 for optimum enjoyment.

On the Vine

The 2015 vintage in Napa Valley will be remembered for high quality but low yields. The growing season began with warm temperatures in late winter and early spring resulting in an early bud break. In May, colder temperatures during bloom caused fruit set to be uneven, yielding a much smaller crop compared to earlier vintages. Winemakers and vineyard managers worked closely together as the season progressed to ensure grapes ripened uniformly. The harvest, which was in full swing by mid-August, was one of the earliest on record in Napa Valley, and most vintners completed picking by mid-October. Although the continuing drought was a concern around California, Napa Valley received 75% of its annual rainfall average in 2015 making it less worrisome for vintners.

94 points
The Wine Advocate
"The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Flora's Legacy is deep garnet-purple with a nose of baked berries, chocolate box and earth with touches of cedar and garrigue plus Mediterranean herbs. Full-bodied with good expression in the mouth, the tannins are firm and grainy, and the finish is long and earthy/spicy."
—Lisa Perrotti-Brown MW, October 2017


90 points
"Blueberry cake, cherries that run in the black to red spectrum and vanilla. Full-bodied with round tannins, medium acidity and a fruity finish."
—James Sucking, December 2017